Intelligent Self Service That’s Personalized Too
With the New Year came a new role for me: leading Dell EMC’s Global Support Center. Although roles change, one critical objective remains clear: customers are our first priority. That means continuing to work to understand every customer’s unique requirements and offering choice via personalized, proactive and predictive capabilities to put our customers in control of their service and support experiences.
Customer expectations are shaping service and support strategies and technology investments. The hottest trend is companies expanding self-service and investing in how their support content is structured and presented to customers.
TSIA’s 4 Self-Service Trends and Pacesetter Practices to Watch in 2017 calls out Dell as “one company who is doing an exceptional job of social support.” Of the 4 trends, one of these speaks to driving deflection with proactive support. The terminology sounds so negative – but in reality it means giving customers what they need and want, using our online tools.
Intelligent self-service gives customers the best information, every time, so they can do more on their own, but the real key here is with less effort on their part.
In TSIA’s “The State of Support Services 2016” report, customers indicated an overwhelming preference for Google, self-service, and online communities over the traditional chat, email, and phone support channels. Customers want flexibility and multiple choices to engage with Support on their own terms and depending on their situation. So if we know that, what are we doing about it?
Our Knowledge Enablement team focuses on giving customers the right information and resources at the right time. Here are some examples of current initiatives:
- Open Content – Our Online Support portal is integrated with our Support Community where content is accessible by public search engines. This makes it easier to find and access support content for common tasks and troubleshooting such as Knowledgebase articles and Top Services Topics by Product.
- The Support Community – is also a great resource for connecting with thousands of Dell EMC customers, partners, and technical experts to ask questions, collaborate and exchange ideas, and share technical knowledge and expertise.
- SolVe – The SolVe Desktop application provides access to Dell EMC product support engineers’ trusted best practices. Customers can:
- view technical “how-to” videos
- generate interactive instructions for common implementation and support procedures
- download customized documentation allowing customers to independently perform common tasks such as installs, code upgrades, and drive
We are continuously evolving our processes, tools, resources, and the content we provide our customers.
Tell us what you think! How can we improve your service and support experience to help you intelligently self-serve?